When is the data report due?
Data reports for this year are due on November 2, 2012. We will send out reminder letters and emails in early October.
What training programs do I report on?
Report on all programs that are ETP eligible or that previously lost ETP-eligibility, prior to the data reporting due date.
What students do I need to report on?
- Include students who withdrew, graduated or were enrolled at any time during the year from July 1, 2011 through June 30, 2012.
- Include any students who started before July 1, 2011 and were still enrolled after July 1, 2011, even if you reported them last year.
- Include ALL students enrolled at any time during the reporting year, not just those who received ETP-related or WorkSource funding.
Do not report employed students whose tuition was fully paid by their employer.
Do not report students funded solely by DVR, DSB, DDD or the Department of Labor and Industries. However, you must report students funded by WIA dollars through WorkSource.
If your organization is a private, non-profit that provides full scholarships for some students, do not report on those students whose tuition was fully paid by the scholarship.
If you did not have any students at all during the reporting year, email or call us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 360-709-4611. If we do not hear from you, we will consider your data report incomplete and your program may lose ETP-eligibility.
What information is required to be reported?
For each student who was enrolled in, or graduated or withdrew from the program(s) during each reporting year, we need:
• program title*
• program duration (in months)
• award type (degree type, certificate, diploma)*
• student name*
• social security number*
• phone number
• date of birth
• disability status
• highest grade completed before enrolling
• start date*
• exit date*
• enrollment status at end of reporting period*
• GPA, if applicable
* Minimum data required. Failure to report these data elements may result in removal of your programs from the ETP List.
What if I do not have all of the required data?
Please begin asking students for the required data and report all data you have available.
Are social security numbers required to be reported?
Yes, if they are available. We use social security numbers to determine if your students find employment after they leave your training. Eligible training providers are required to ask students for social security numbers and report those social security numbers they receive. We ask that you inform students about why they are being asked to give out their social security number and what security measures will be taken with the information, so that they can make an informed choice. A student has the right to choose not to provide their social security number.
What measures are taken to ensure data security?
All student data is kept on removable hard disks that are locked into file drawers when not in use. CD's and hard copy data are stored in locked drawers and destroyed when no longer needed. All Workforce Board data computers are password-protected. Access to individual data is limited to staff who have signed Confidentiality Statements in which they agree to follow strict data security procedures. Individual data reported to the Workforce Board is not considered public information, and is exempt from public disclosure laws.
How do I report the information?
Use the Excel form below to report the data. You must download the form to your computer and then fill in the data. If you do not have Excel, you can download and print out a hard copy version to fill out by hand.
Download the ETP Student Data Report form (MS Excel)
Download the ETP Student Data Report hard copy form (PDF)
Use the codes listed in the Data Definitions and Codes document below:
Data coding definitions and instructions (MS Word)
How do I send the data to the Workforce Board?
There are three options for returning the data:
- Option 1: Transfer the file to our secure server. Contact Us for instructions.
- Option 2. Mail hard copy or disk to Barbara Mix, Workforce Board, PO Box 43105, Olympia, WA 98504-3105.
- Option 3. Hand deliver to our office at 128 10th Ave SW, 6th floor, Olympia, WA.
Who can I contact if I have questions?
For data reporting questions, please contact Barbara Mix at email@example.com, 360-709-4611.